ng and restoring all sections of the Park, thus achieving sustainable development of the entire area;
- finding new uses for the sections of the Park which are now outside the scope of social and economic interest;
- improving the visual side of the Park and the quality of life within the Park space.
As a result of the revitalisation effort, the economic and social potential of the Silesia Park will be increased, thus contributing to improving the quality of life in the region.
The project will include 20 connected tasks, including:
- COMPREHENSIVE MODERNISATION OF THE CIRCULATION ROUTES
- ENSURING EFFICIENT WATER MANAGEMENT
- REBUILDING THE PARK RAILWAY AND PURCHASING AN ELECTRICAL TRAIN
- REVITALISING THE AREA AROUND “THE HAT” EXHIBITION CENTRE, AND UPGRADING THE EXHIBITION CENTRE
- SURVEYING, REVITALISING AND MAINTAINING THE VEGETATION OF THE PARK
- MODERNISING THE REGATTA CANAL AND ITS SURROUNDINGS
- REVITALISING THE ROSARIUM AND BUILDING THE CHILDREN’S PLAYGROUND
- BUILDING DISCOVERY PATHS
- RENOVATING AND MAINTAINING THE PARK SCULPTURES
- MODERNISING THE SILESIAN ZOO
- BUILDING THE GENERATIONS PARK
- COMPREHENSIVE RENOVATION AND MODERNISATION OF THE FOLLOWING FACILITIES: LARGE DANCING CIRCE, THREE SMALL DANCING CIRCLES, THE TEMPLE OF REFLECTION, THE SWAN HOUSE
- BUILDING THE JAPANESE GARDEN
- ARRANGING THE PUBLIC SPACES (PARK FURNITURE, LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE, PUBLIC TOILETS)
- RENOVATING THE PETRYCH TEMPLE
- BUILDING THE SPATIAL INFORMATION SYSTEM - STAGE II
- BUILDING THE BIODIVERSITY CENTRE
- COMPREHENSIVE MODERNISATION OF THE AREA AROUND THE SILESIAN PLANETARIUM
- BUILDING THE SWIMMING COMPLEX IN SIEMIANOWICKA STREET
- REVITALISING THE FOREST SHAFT AREA
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The purpose of the project is to provide the Silesia Park with a number of functions addressing the needs reported by the local citizens (of Chorzów and the region), i.e., increasing the infrastructural resources, expanding the cultural, sports and educational offering, improving the availability of recreational, leisure and tourist infrastructure, as well as the need to combat unemployment and social exclusion by providing access to affordable free time activities.
The main objective of the project is to maintain the Silesia Park and its infrastructure, which is recognisable throughout the region, and provide the Park with new functions related to social revitalisation.
- restoring the safety of use of the entire area of the Park,
- ensuring sustainable development of the entire area of the Park, part of which is currently outside the scope of social or economic interest,
- preventing further deterioration of the facilities in the Park,
- restoring sites of historical importance and sites important for the community which require renovation work,
- providing the opportunity to develop new educational, cultural, sports and recreational, and tourist offerings,
- social activation of marginalised communities,
- visual improvement of the entire area and thus increasing its quality,
- retaining valuable infrastructure for future generations,
- creating new jobs related to the Park (commerce, catering, etc.).
It is planned to achieve the following indicators:
- Revitalised area [hectares]: 434.23. The indicator will be achieved in 2027 (as of the material completion of the project),
- The number of people using the revitalised area (persons/year): 3,000,000 people. The indicator will be achieved in 2029 (in 24 months from the material completion of the project).
Total amount of eligible costs is PLN 226,237,000.
PROJECT FINANCING SOURCE (Co-financing Agreement for the Municipal Project “Modernisation of the Silesia Park”, implemented as part of the secondary turnover of returned funds from the JESSICA Initiative of the Regional Operational Programme for Silesian Voivodship for 2007-2013).